Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- Credit: Jane Manning
A Norfolk woman is hosting a car boot sale to raise money for a cancer charity.
Janet Titmuss, from Dereham, is hosting the garage sale from October 14 to 16 to raise money for the charity Caring Friends For Cancer (CFFC) at 6 Bulwer Road.
She was introduced to the charity by her family after she lost several people close to her to the disease. She would often attend coffee mornings arranged by CFFC and has decided to give something back to them.
Items on sale include kitchen equipment, crockery, ornaments and general household items.
All the proceeds from the sales will be going into the charity, as she hopes to support them by raising as much as she possibly can.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Manning, project manager at Caring Friends for Cancer Mid Norfolk said: “All fundraising and donations help Caring Friends For Cancer, however large or small, they enable us to keep providing our services to the local community of Mid Norfolk.
“Caring Friends For Cancer would like to say a big thank you to Janet for nominating us and to everyone who attends and buys something.”
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham