Happy birthday! Dereham woman celebrates turning 104
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham woman who is thought to be the town's oldest resident has celebrated her 104th birthday.
Gladys Dodsworth was only 69 when she first came to residential care home Eckling Grange, on Norwich Road, with her husband John to live in a bungalow.
Now being cared for in the main home, she has recently turned 104 and celebrated the occasion with a specially made birthday cake.
She said: 'I'm happy to know that Heaven is waiting for me but I'm so well looked after. I'm not in a big hurry to go anywhere.'
Mrs Dodsworth is a mother to six children and grandma and great-grandma to many more.
You may also want to watch:
Her daughter Rachel now also lives in a bungalow at Eckling Grange.
General manager Stewart Barber said: 'It's a very rare situation to have a mother and a daughter both here.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 Fears raised over Western Link surveying work
- 5 Farm enjoying another bumper year for pumpkin picking
- 6 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
'She is the home's oldest resident and we think she might be the oldest resident in the town.'