Happy birthday! Dereham woman celebrates turning 104
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham woman who is thought to be the town's oldest resident has celebrated her 104th birthday.
Gladys Dodsworth was only 69 when she first came to residential care home Eckling Grange, on Norwich Road, with her husband John to live in a bungalow.
Now being cared for in the main home, she has recently turned 104 and celebrated the occasion with a specially made birthday cake.
She said: 'I'm happy to know that Heaven is waiting for me but I'm so well looked after. I'm not in a big hurry to go anywhere.'
Mrs Dodsworth is a mother to six children and grandma and great-grandma to many more.
You may also want to watch:
Her daughter Rachel now also lives in a bungalow at Eckling Grange.
General manager Stewart Barber said: 'It's a very rare situation to have a mother and a daughter both here.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters
'She is the home's oldest resident and we think she might be the oldest resident in the town.'