Search

Firefighters rescue dog from flat fire

PUBLISHED: 11:05 19 August 2019 | UPDATED: 14:06 19 August 2019

A dog was rescued from a fire in Northfield Waye, Wells. Picture: Google Maps

A dog was rescued from a fire in Northfield Waye, Wells. Picture: Google Maps

Archant

Fire crews rescued a dog from a blaze at an upstairs flat in north Norfolk.

The rescued dog. Picture: submittedThe rescued dog. Picture: submitted

Firefighters attended a property in Northfield Waye, Wells from 7.48am on Friday, August 16 and the stop message came in at 8.19am.

A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said it was an accidental ignition.

You may also want to watch:

A spokesman added: "Crews from Wells, Fakenham and Holt rescued a dog and used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and ladders to extinguish a fire on Northfield Waye, Wells."

The dog was an Alaskan Malamute called Rocky.

Its owner, who wished to be known as just Hannah, said: "It was an upstairs flat kitchen fire. A family member lives at the property and looks after my dog, as I can't have him where I live.

"The dog was found in the living room. The lady underneth rang the fire brigade as my family member was at work."

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Dereham Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists