Dozens of crashes on icy roads
Norfolk police were called to 63 road traffic collisions this morning, and ambulance service attended 19 crashes between midnight and 1.30pm and conveyed to hospital in nine of those.
Norfolk police were called to 63 road traffic collisions this morning, and a spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said it attended 19 crashes between midnight and 1.30pm and conveyed to hospital in nine of those.
In one accident, at about 6.10am, a man in his 40s was conveyed to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with a possible spine injury after a crash in Boundary Road, Norwich involving a car and a lorry.
And at 6.35am, on the A47 at East Tuddenham, near Dereham, a vehicle ended up in a ditch, and one man in his 50s was taken to the NNUH with rib injuries.
Fourteen cars were involved in accidents off Riverside Road in Norwich before 9am, despite two gritting sessions.
You may also want to watch:
People were taken to hospital following accidents in Green Lane, Wramplingham, near Hethersett, Mallow Way and Hollow Grove Way junction, Lowestoft, Kensington Road, Winston Churchill Drive, the Tennyson Avenue and Gaywood Avenue junction, all in King's Lynn, and Sporle Road, Swaffham, where two buses were involved.
Collisions also occurred on the A47 at Blofield, the A11 at Ketteringham, the A140 at Long Stratton, the B1108 Watton Road in Barford and on the A143 at Haddiscoe.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Accidents continued into this afternoon with a five-car crash on the A11 between Wymondham and the Thickthorn roundabout, at about 3pm. One lane of the road was blocked but reopened before 4pm.
A Weatherquest spokesman, based at the University of East Anglia, said more wintry snow showers were expected tonight but not tomorrow.