Suspected Class A drug dealer from Dereham still in custody as police test substance
- Credit: Archant
A man suspected of dealing Class A drugs is still in custody following an intelligence-led stop search in Dereham last night.
A man in his forties was stopped by police officers in Commercial Road just before 8pm.
The man physically resisted the officers, but was eventually detained.
A spokesman for the Norfolk Constabulary said: 'Class A drugs and money was seized from the man. It is not yet known what the substance is, as it has not undergone testing yet.
'The man is currently at the Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.'
You may also want to watch:
In a post on Twitter, Breckland Police said: 'Excellent intelligence-led stop-search by T5 #Dereham tonight - a male suspected of dealing Class A drugs found in possession. Despite physically resisting the officers, he was safely detained and Class A drugs seized as well as sizeable amount of cash. #1Detained #SaferNorfolk.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide