Duo hope to drum home a lesson or two
It's taken nine years to get into print.But the wait has been worth it for Janel Spalding and Pete Wright as the tutors from the JDT music school in Dereham have proudly launched the first in a series of books to help people of all ages 'get drumming.
It's taken nine years to get into print.
But the wait has been worth it for Janel Spalding and Pete Wright as the tutors from the JDT music school in Dereham have proudly launched the first in a series of books to help people of all ages 'get drumming.'
Janel has 25 years experience and Pete has been playing for 15 years and they saw a gap in the market for a teaching manual and after coming up with the idea nine years ago - a year before the music school opened at its Rash's Green industrial estate home - they have now completed Take Up Drumming! (beginner levels one and two).
Take Drumming To The Next Level (for levels two and three) is due out next month and they will then be working on two more books to cover up to level eight.
You may also want to watch:
The first book starts with the basics and has illustrations and pictures and aims to make learning simple and fun.
Nia Howe - who also works at the music school - has done the design, layout, photography and music engraving for the book.
- 1 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 2 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 5 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
Janel said: 'Pete and I teach children and adults of all ages and we felt there were no books which give an overall view on drumming. It is for everyone!'
Pete said: 'It has taken a long time but we wanted to get it spot on.'
Books are available from JDT in Charles Wood Road on the Rash's Green estate (Telephone: 01362 694817) and also Cooks in Norwich.
See next week's Times for a list of successful exam results from students at JDT in drumming, vocals and guitar.