Easter bonnet competition in Dereham keeping up the tradition
- Credit: Archant
Dressing up for Easter in bonnets has been a centuries-old pastime and women at a centre in Dereham are keeping up the tradition.
There were some fantastic Easter bonnets at a party and competition organised by the Dereham Meeting Point charity, with some men also joining in the celebration.
Centre manager Shonette Mooney said: 'The competition was judged by Lidia Dodds and Callum Parkinson. In third place was Joyce Knock, second was Harriet Prettyman and the winner was Doreen Peel.
'Entertainment was provided by Lidia and Malcolm Dodds. After the party 30 members attended an Easter two-course lunch at the George Hotel in Swaffham Road, Dereham.'
Dereham Meeting Point, in St Withburga Lane, was established in 1986 as a place for the disabled and over 55s to meet and socialise.
You may also want to watch:
The Easter bonnet party was held on Wednesday, March 28 and also included singing and flamenco music.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown