Easter bonnet competition in Dereham keeping up the tradition
- Credit: Archant
Dressing up for Easter in bonnets has been a centuries-old pastime and women at a centre in Dereham are keeping up the tradition.
There were some fantastic Easter bonnets at a party and competition organised by the Dereham Meeting Point charity, with some men also joining in the celebration.
Centre manager Shonette Mooney said: 'The competition was judged by Lidia Dodds and Callum Parkinson. In third place was Joyce Knock, second was Harriet Prettyman and the winner was Doreen Peel.
'Entertainment was provided by Lidia and Malcolm Dodds. After the party 30 members attended an Easter two-course lunch at the George Hotel in Swaffham Road, Dereham.'
Dereham Meeting Point, in St Withburga Lane, was established in 1986 as a place for the disabled and over 55s to meet and socialise.
You may also want to watch:
The Easter bonnet party was held on Wednesday, March 28 and also included singing and flamenco music.
- 1 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 5 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 6 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 9 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 10 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today