Parents warned time running out to apply for primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents in Norfolk have been reminded time is running out to register children for primary school from this September.
Norfolk County Council says the closing date for registering children born between September 1 2016 and 31 August 2017 is January 15.
Applications can be made online but paper applications are also accepted and can be downloaded from the Norfolk County Council website.
Parents need to make an application for a reception class place, even if their child attends a nursery class at the same school.
A child’s attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not normally give them priority for a place at that school.
You may also want to watch:
The round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 also closes on January 15. Applications can be made online and a decision will be made by 16 April.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Woman hurt as A47 crash leaves car in ditch
- 6 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Former Hollywood Cinema boss becomes award-winning carer
- 9 Family's anger after woman, 82, faced being 'marooned' by floodwater
- 10 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules