Schools in Norfolk forced to close due to power cuts and storm damage
- Credit: PA
Power cuts and storm damage have forced some schools in Norfolk to close following a week of stormy weather.
Marshland St James Primary and Nursery School, Necton VA Primary School, Swanton Morley VC Primary School and Watlington Community Primary School were closed on Monday, February 21, following disruption caused by Storm Eunice and Storm Franklin.
There is no currently no electricity or phone lines available at Marshland St James Primary and Nursery School due to a power cut.
Necton VA Primary School is fully closed to all children due to damage caused by Storm Eunice. All parents have received an email and text with necessary updates and information.
Swanton Morley VC Primary School confirmed it is closed due to a power outage and will advise parents when it can reopen.
Watlington Community Primary School is closed due to damage to the building caused by the stormy weather.
Elsewhere in Norfolk, about 690 homes were still without power across Norfolk on Monday morning with Dereham, Wymondham, Watton, Martham, Tottenhill and Diss among the places impacted.
- 1 Heatwave parks steam engines and closes routes for railway
- 2 Couple fined after string of thefts at Tesco and Sainsbury’s stores
- 3 Townsfolk and firefighters join forces to battle blaze at moor
- 4 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 Magpies start new league season with 1-1 draw
- 7 Fresh Norwich Western Link details revealed as public invited to have say
- 8 Work to pave way for £200m dualling of A47 will begin this year
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Revealed: Some of the places you are most likely to spot ghosts in Norfolk
The storm is the third in a week after Storm Dudley and Eunice brought strong winds and heavy rain across the region.
Norfolk was issued with a yellow weather warning which remains in place until 1pm on Monday.