Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- Credit: Northgate High School
A Dereham school showcased more than 100 years of education at a celebration attended by staff and students of years gone by.
Northgate High School, with the help of Dereham Sixth Form College, hosted a special exhibition entitled 'Past, Present and Future'.
Photographs, artefacts and work from across the decades went on display, allowing guests to reflect on the history of Northgate and the sixth form.
During the evening, current students displayed their talents with drama and music performances which depicted significant moments in the school’s history.
They included the delayed opening in 1915 because of a Zeppelin attack and, in more recent history, closures due to Covid-19.
You may also want to watch:
Under the supervision of Dr Tim Kinnaird, MasterChef finalist and chair of governors, catering students created canapés and refreshments themed around old school dinner staples.
Staff have been also been involved with the project, including history teacher Daniel Guy, who wrote a book detailing the history of the Northgate and its place in the community.
- 1 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 2 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide