Community-based theatre group calls it quits after 16 years
- Credit: Archant
A community-based theatre group bowed out after 16 years with a performance of the Sound of Music.
CATS, the Community Amateur Theatrical Society, based since 2017 at New Frost Hall, Foulsham, started at Cawston village hall.
The original idea came from Liz Beard and Beryl Thomas and a group of young people, and the group ended with 30 members.
Tim Beard, from CATS, said: "After an amazing 16 years of growth, and moving to the wonderful facilities of Foulsham village hall we decided it was time to draw our final curtain.
"Beryl Thomas has been unable to continue with CATS due to ill-health and Liz Beard, the backbone and producer, has found it too much to manage, with health and family commitments, and made the sad decision to call an end."
You may also want to watch:
The group's values were unique in that it did not audition and promoted commitment and enthusiasm over just talent.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000