Care company lends a hand for charity at special cupcake sale
- Credit: Archant
There were cupcakes galore at a recent fundraiser, thanks to a local care company that has been helping a national charity.
The team at Extra Hands, which operates a well-being check service for Dereham residents, served up the tasty treats as part of the Alzheimer's Society's Cupcake Day, which raises funds and awareness.
The care company team had an array of cakes at its Horsham St Faith office, near Norwich, and it is the first time the company has taken part in the event. A total of £100 was raised from the sales.
Extra Hands director Hazel Evans, said: 'Our work involves people with this form of dementia and their families. It can be truly devastating for everyone and we are delighted to be supporting a charity which carries out such good work in this fields.'
The award-winning Extra Hands is a family-run company and has been in the county for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens