Care company lends a hand for charity at special cupcake sale
- Credit: Archant
There were cupcakes galore at a recent fundraiser, thanks to a local care company that has been helping a national charity.
The team at Extra Hands, which operates a well-being check service for Dereham residents, served up the tasty treats as part of the Alzheimer's Society's Cupcake Day, which raises funds and awareness.
The care company team had an array of cakes at its Horsham St Faith office, near Norwich, and it is the first time the company has taken part in the event. A total of £100 was raised from the sales.
Extra Hands director Hazel Evans, said: 'Our work involves people with this form of dementia and their families. It can be truly devastating for everyone and we are delighted to be supporting a charity which carries out such good work in this fields.'
The award-winning Extra Hands is a family-run company and has been in the county for 25 years.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney