Town's flower display blooms back to life
- Credit: Janet Holdom.
A town’s summer flower display is ready to bloom back into life.
Fakenham in Bloom, organised by Fakenham Area Partnership, which has been running every year since 2006, is ready to return following last year’s covid hibernation. The town’s business premises and war memorial will be the subject of colourful floral displays that brighten up the town.
Beryl Bratt, area partnership chairman said: “The team are glad to be back and keen to get the show on the road again.”
Janet Holdom, the project manager was joined by Jamie, Oliver and Edward Francis along with Gary Besant in the Market Place while putting up the flowers on the town’s war memorial.
Mrs Holdom also shared her thanks with Mark Borley, the proprietor and Debbie Hall, the manager at Del’s Nurseries for the colourful floral displays they donated which are blooming across the market town.
You may also want to watch:
The display features a cascade of petunias tumbling from the war memorial steps, which she is sure will help the town smile from June to October.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic