Father Christmas gets set to return to historic windmill for series of grotto appearances
- Credit: Matthew Usher
He's everyone's favourite resident of the North Pole who dresses in red and white and owns a magical flying sleigh.
And Father Christmas is now getting ready to make a return to a venue which has become something of a second home for him in mid Norfolk, the Dereham Windmill in Greenfields Road.
The generous character will set up his grotto inside the windmill's tower to meet youngsters from across the area between 1.30pm and 3.45pm on the following dates: Saturday, December 8, Sunday, December 9, Saturday, December 15, Sunday, December 16, Saturday, December 22 and Sunday, December 23.
On December 9 the jolly man in the suit will be joined by miniature donkeys, standing in for Rudolf and the rest of the reindeer who are in training for their big night.
Cost is £6 per child, including a present from Santa and access to the windmill's Christmas exhibits. Entry for accompanying adults is £2, including a hot drink.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens