Fears over Dereham concrete factory land
Concerns have been raised about the future of land occupied by a Dereham concrete factory put forward for development for homes. Cemex says use of its large site at Yaxham Road in Dereham is 'expected to cease in the short to mid-term future'.
Concerns have been raised about the future of land occupied by a Dereham concrete factory put forward for development for homes.
Cemex says use of its large site at Yaxham Road in Dereham is 'expected to cease in the short to mid-term future'. One of its subsidiaries, Cemex UK Properties, has put forward the land for future use as housing.
It is in a raft of sites being looked at by Breckland Council for inclusion in a new planning blueprint for the district.
Breckland has already labelled the land as 'unconforming' for the blueprint, which would inform future planning decisions made by the council, because it is in an employment site.
You may also want to watch:
Town councillors in Dereham backed the move on Tuesday night, saying the site should be retained for employment
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 6 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 7 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 8 Dereham Golf Club full of pride after juniors represent Norfolk
- 9 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 10 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
In its comments to Breckland over its future plans, Cemex has said that 'due to the site's sustainable location close to existing residential development, services and infrastructure', it considers it 'should be used for residential development or residential mixed use development.'
The firm adds that the council already has an over-supply of employment land and has objected to the land being allocated as a general employment area.