Fears over Dereham concrete factory land
Concerns have been raised about the future of land occupied by a Dereham concrete factory put forward for development for homes. Cemex says use of its large site at Yaxham Road in Dereham is 'expected to cease in the short to mid-term future'.
Concerns have been raised about the future of land occupied by a Dereham concrete factory put forward for development for homes.
Cemex says use of its large site at Yaxham Road in Dereham is 'expected to cease in the short to mid-term future'. One of its subsidiaries, Cemex UK Properties, has put forward the land for future use as housing.
It is in a raft of sites being looked at by Breckland Council for inclusion in a new planning blueprint for the district.
Breckland has already labelled the land as 'unconforming' for the blueprint, which would inform future planning decisions made by the council, because it is in an employment site.
Town councillors in Dereham backed the move on Tuesday night, saying the site should be retained for employment
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 5 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 6 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 9 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
- 10 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
In its comments to Breckland over its future plans, Cemex has said that 'due to the site's sustainable location close to existing residential development, services and infrastructure', it considers it 'should be used for residential development or residential mixed use development.'
The firm adds that the council already has an over-supply of employment land and has objected to the land being allocated as a general employment area.