Flames ‘up to 50ft’ high at scene of mobile home fire
- Credit: Archant
Huge flames could be seen leaping into the air from the scene of a mobile home fire, which police were called to because of reports shots had been heard.
Two Fire and Rescue Crews from Dereham's station tackled the blaze at a property off Mill Road in Mattishall, near Dereham, at 10.44pm on Sunday.
A spokesman said the blaze was out within an hour.
A Mattishall resident, who did not want to be named, said the flames could be seen from some distance away.
He said: "It woke my daughter up. We saw the flames, they must have been 40-50ft high. There was the sound of broken glass.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police were also called to the scene, but fears shots had been fired turned out to be unfounded.
A spokesman said: "Shots had been heard at the scene, but these were later confirmed to be noises related to the fire."
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 4 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 5 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 6 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 7 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 8 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 9 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
The police said no-one was injured in the incident.