Flames ‘up to 50ft’ high at scene of mobile home fire
- Credit: Archant
Huge flames could be seen leaping into the air from the scene of a mobile home fire, which police were called to because of reports shots had been heard.
Two Fire and Rescue Crews from Dereham's station tackled the blaze at a property off Mill Road in Mattishall, near Dereham, at 10.44pm on Sunday.
A spokesman said the blaze was out within an hour.
A Mattishall resident, who did not want to be named, said the flames could be seen from some distance away.
He said: "It woke my daughter up. We saw the flames, they must have been 40-50ft high. There was the sound of broken glass.
Norfolk Police were also called to the scene, but fears shots had been fired turned out to be unfounded.
A spokesman said: "Shots had been heard at the scene, but these were later confirmed to be noises related to the fire."
- 1 Man injured teen with catapult after supermarket row
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Volunteer exodus puts future of beloved windmill under threat
- 4 Huge solar farm proposed near Roman site
- 5 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 6 Decision over funding for Queen Mother's Garden revamp delayed
- 7 What the average UK house price can buy you in Norfolk's towns
- 8 Town centre set to welcome vegan street food truck
- 9 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
- 10 Revealed: The 20 areas of Norfolk 'regularly at risk of flooding'
The police said no-one was injured in the incident.