Fire at highways firm depot
Ian ClarkePolice are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.Ian Clarke
Police are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.
Two Dereham fire crews had to break locks to get in to the Trek Highway Services compound at Hall Road on the Greens Road industrial estate about 10.10pm on Saturday night and the vehicles were 'well alight.'
Trek is a growing company which provides a wide range of services for road schemes, such as traffic control and maintenance.
One caller to the fire service said there had been a group of youngsters hanging about in the area of the depot at the time of the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Police scenes of crime officers visited the compound yesterday morning as part of the investigations.
A strong theory is that a fire was started in one vehicle and it spread to the others.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 6 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 7 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide