Fire at highways firm depot
Ian ClarkePolice are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.Ian Clarke
Police are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.
Two Dereham fire crews had to break locks to get in to the Trek Highway Services compound at Hall Road on the Greens Road industrial estate about 10.10pm on Saturday night and the vehicles were 'well alight.'
Trek is a growing company which provides a wide range of services for road schemes, such as traffic control and maintenance.
One caller to the fire service said there had been a group of youngsters hanging about in the area of the depot at the time of the blaze.
Police scenes of crime officers visited the compound yesterday morning as part of the investigations.
A strong theory is that a fire was started in one vehicle and it spread to the others.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 9 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 10 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee