Fire at highways firm depot
Ian ClarkePolice are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.Ian Clarke
Police are investigating a suspected arson attack which severely damaged three lorries, three vans and two cars at a Dereham highways depot.
Two Dereham fire crews had to break locks to get in to the Trek Highway Services compound at Hall Road on the Greens Road industrial estate about 10.10pm on Saturday night and the vehicles were 'well alight.'
Trek is a growing company which provides a wide range of services for road schemes, such as traffic control and maintenance.
One caller to the fire service said there had been a group of youngsters hanging about in the area of the depot at the time of the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
Police scenes of crime officers visited the compound yesterday morning as part of the investigations.
A strong theory is that a fire was started in one vehicle and it spread to the others.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 8 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney