Search

Person given oxygen after fire breaks out in house

PUBLISHED: 14:56 23 October 2019 | UPDATED: 15:04 23 October 2019

A person had to be given oxygen after a fire broke out in a home in Swanton Road, in Dereham. Picture: GOOGLE STREET

A person had to be given oxygen after a fire broke out in a home in Swanton Road, in Dereham. Picture: GOOGLE STREET

Archant

A person had to be given oxygen after a fire broke out in a home in Dereham.

Three fire crews were called to a bungalow fire on Swanton Road, shortly after 4pm on Tuesday, October 22.

Appliances from Dereham, Hingham and Watton wore breathing gear and used jets and thermal image cameras to put out the blaze.

One person had to be given oxygen therapy as a result of exposure to smoke.

They were left in the care of a crew from the East of England Ambulance Service.

If you value what this gives you, please consider supporting our work. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Dereham Times