Fire at Norfolk nightclub
Sam EmanuelFire fighters were called to a fire at a Norfolk nightclub in the early hours of this morning.Sam Emanuel
Fire fighters were called to a fire at a Norfolk nightclub in the early hours of this morning.
The fire, at The Lounge nightclub in Norwich Street, Dereham, started at about half past midnight.
Two fire engines from Dereham were called and were joined by one from Watton, with station manager Harcourt in charge.
Four fire fighters had to wear breathing masks and remove cladding from the outside of the building, as well as using a thermal imaging camera to check for hot spots. It is thought an electrical fault was the cause of the fire.
The fire service said that no-one was in the building at the time.
- 1 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
- 2 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 3 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 4 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 5 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 6 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 7 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 8 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities