Man believed to have set himself on fire is taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man who is believed to have set himself on fire has been taken to hospital.
It happened yesterday afternoon in Mattishall, near Dereham, on Daffodil Way.
Emergency services were called at about 5pm on Friday May 18.
A duty inspector for Norfolk police confirmed that they had received a call to reports that someone had 'set himself alight'.
She said: 'We went to check on that person and a male has been taken to hospital.'
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the incident.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service also attended. They were called at 5.10pm yesterday and two appliances from Dereham assisted police and ambulance crews.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 3 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 4 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 5 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 8 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 9 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 10 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
The man has been taken to hospital but the extent of his injuries is currently unknown.
Resident, Terry Cross said: 'We were going into Mattishall around 5.30pm when we saw air ambulance flying in front of us and followed to see where it went as we have friends live that way.
'There were three police cars, three paramedic cars, two fire engines and an ambulance and also the air ambulance.
'Was a lot of neighbours out seeing what was going on.
'Must of been bad for air ambulance to attend.'