Fire service members in Dereham and Reepham awarded for decades of dedication
- Credit: Archant
Fire service members based in Dereham and Reepham have been honoured for giving decades of dedication to Norfolk.
Steven Polley, who works with the Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) team in Dereham, has been given an award for 40 years of outstanding service.
Mr Polley completed 30 years of service as a firefighter and then joined USAR as an on call technician. Mr Polley and his working dog Hooky provide canine capability to assist searches for missing persons.
Glen Roskilly, who has been a USAR crew manager has been awarded for 40 years of outstanding service and Jeremy Cleall, watch manager at Reepham has been awarded for 30 years of outstanding service.
Certificates were presented by Norfolk's chief fire officer David Ashworth at a Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service awards night at Norwich Castle.
You may also want to watch:
The award winners in full are:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 6 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 7 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 8 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 9 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 10 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
Long Service and Good Conduct Medals (20 years' service):
Dean Baldry (firefighter, Loddon); Michael Brown (watch manager, Eastern); Christopher Gould (crew manager, Acle);William Groves (firefighter, Terrington); Rigil Kent (watch manager, Hunstanton and crew manager, King's Lynn); Richard Miles (crew manager, Great Yarmouth); Stefan Rider (watch manager, JOCC); Perry Smith (watch manager, Whitegates); Sharon Thorndyke (control watch manager)
30 Year Outstanding Service Certificate:
Stephen Broom (Firefighter, Earlham. Firefighter, North Walsham) Jeremy Cleall (Watch Manager, Reepham) Andrew
Luke (Crew Manager, Holt) Glen Roskilly
(Crew Manager, Wymondham. Crew Manager USAR)
Norfolk Fire Service Medal:
Peter Aldred (Firefighter, Gorleston); Dean Howes (Watch Manager, Gorleston); Steven Woodgate (Hethersett)
40 Year Outstanding Service Certificates:
Gerald Desroches (Crew Manager, Hunstanton) Steven Polley (USAR, Dereham)
Making a Difference Award:
Simon Hilton (Watch Manager); Andy Heginbotham and Phil Berry (Retired)
Certificate of Commendation:
Andy Wells and crew from Sheringham
Control Team, Simon Burch, Alison Graver
Cadet leaders from Sheringham, Great Yarmouth, Hunstanton, Wymondham and Diss.
Volunteer of the Year Award:
Pat Richardson; Ken Reynolds