Firefighters save plastics firm following blaze in Swanton Morley
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have prevented a fire that engulfed 400 plastic crates from destroying a building that houses a plastics repairs business, as well potentially explosive cylinders.
The drama started when several residents in Swanton Morley, near Dereham, called 999 about the blaze that started at Plastic Repairs Plus, on Hoe Road East, just before 7pm.
A total of 25 firefighters from stations in Dereham, Reepham, Fakenham and Aylsham found their job complicated by an electricity pylon that had started to spark, and advised residents to stay indoors.
Stuart Horth, the fire service's head of community safety, said: 'The crews have done a very good job in stopping the fire before it became more serious and entered the building.'
No-one was injured, but one car was destroyed, and firefighters started to leave the scene at 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
The EDP has launched a Save our Stations campaign to fight proposed council cuts to the fire service.
What do you think? Write (giving your full contact details) to: The Letters Editor, EDP, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE or email EDPLetters@archant.co.uk
- 1 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 2 Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman returns to government
- 3 Delays on the A47 after crash
- 4 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 5 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 6 Three marathons in three weekends - Dereham runner's amazing charity effort
- 7 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 8 Enhanced play area unveiled following £23,000 revamp
- 9 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 10 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
Do you have any photos of the fire? Email firstname.lastname@example.org