Firm marks successful six months
A Dereham-based recruitment firm which specialises in the engineering sector has completed a successful first six months in business with almost 1000 candidates on its register.
GRAND CLIENT LIST: A Dereham-based recruitment firm that specialises in the engineering sector has completed a successful first six months in business with almost 1,000 candidates on its register.
Cowper Recruitment was started by Barry Gough in July. He came from the logistics supply chain and was encountering problems in recruiting the staff he wanted - so he decided to launch the enterprise.
There are now five staff at Cowper, including Colin King (left in picture) and engineer Andrew Watton (right).
Mr Watton said Norfolk was a hotbed for engineering, with hundreds of small businesses.
You may also want to watch:
Cowper has an "upper-double-figures" number of vacancies and says leisure, food and general engineering are faring particularly well despite the recession.
Mr Watton said: "There are definitely areas which are buoyant and with a good level of confidence for the future, and they have vacancies to prove that. Also, the quality of candidates has greatly increased."
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 5 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 6 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 'Bring it on' - New chief executive appointed to district council
- 9 Students and staff come together for celebration of high school's history
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk