Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
Stunning drone footage has captured the Flying Scotsman ferrying delighted passengers through the Norfolk countryside.
The video, captured by Ashley Cashfield, from Dereham, shows the historic steam locomotive travelling from Dereham towards Brick Kiln Junction, near Kimberley.
Scotsman has spent the past two weekends transporting lucky ticket-holders behind the engine along the Mid Norfolk Railway (MNR).
One of them was Mr Cashfield, who rode the 12pm service on Saturday (October 9).
"We decided, after seeing everyone queuing at the platform to get the same photo, to go and do something a bit more artsy," said the 29-year-old.
"We scoped out a location just past Garveston and found a footpath beside a field where we could launch. That gave us a clear vantage point as it came past."
Flying Scotsman will run on the MNR for one final day this Saturday (October 16).
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 8 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000