New indoor football league to kick off in Dereham
- Credit: Archant
A new indoor football league is set to get underway in Dereham next month as part of a nationwide sporting scheme.
The league will take place at the Dereham Leisure Centre on May 16 and will be operated by nationwide company 5aside.co.uk.
Sam Taylor, a spokesperson for the company, said: 'Indoor five-a-side appeals to a different clientele than the outdoor stuff on AstroTurf pitches and we are really pleased to be able to offer a different choice to the players around here.
'There is no playing in the wet and cold, no chance to get too hot in the summer, and we can guarantee you a game each week, whatever the weather.'
He added that matches are open to all players, regardless of experience and ability.
You may also want to watch:
The league begins on May 16 and will take place at the Dereham Leisure Centre between 8pm and 10pm.
Matches cost £30 and for more information can be found at on the 5aside website.
- 1 Town thrilled by crafters' dazzling knitted creations
- 2 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 3 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 4 Beauty giveaway and Euro 2020 help sees £20,000 raised for Logan's surgery
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Very emotional' - Joy as town's social centre reopens
- 7 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place