Former Northgate High pupils to play Dereham gig
Emma KnightsThey left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.Emma Knights
They left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.
Freudian Slip will be playing at The Bull pub, in the High Street, on Saturday from 8pm.
Reg Lawrence, who plays lead guitar and does backing vocals, said: 'The gig is an extra special one as we all left high school at Northgate 10 years ago and have been away to university, but have managed to get the band going and progressing whilst holding down the day jobs!'
The band, which has been influenced by the likes of Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan and Radiohead, was formed in May 2008 although the members started writing songs a few years before setting up the band.
As well as Reg, the rest of the band are Lewis Whittle, Craig Hitter, Tim Gardiner, and Dan McCarthy.
For more information visit www.myspace.com/freudianslip
- 1 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Stunning 'Lady of the Wood' carved statue revealed at park
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Norfolk Tory MP calls for 'serious changes' following Sue Gray report
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Landmark nature project aims to rejuvenate river valley wildlife
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit