Former Northgate High pupils to play Dereham gig
Emma KnightsThey left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.Emma Knights
They left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.
Freudian Slip will be playing at The Bull pub, in the High Street, on Saturday from 8pm.
Reg Lawrence, who plays lead guitar and does backing vocals, said: 'The gig is an extra special one as we all left high school at Northgate 10 years ago and have been away to university, but have managed to get the band going and progressing whilst holding down the day jobs!'
The band, which has been influenced by the likes of Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan and Radiohead, was formed in May 2008 although the members started writing songs a few years before setting up the band.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Reg, the rest of the band are Lewis Whittle, Craig Hitter, Tim Gardiner, and Dan McCarthy.
For more information visit www.myspace.com/freudianslip
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Mum starts new year with 2,021-squat charity challenge
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland