Former Northgate High pupils to play Dereham gig
Emma KnightsThey left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.Emma Knights
They left Northgate High School a decade ago but now five school friends who went on to form a rock band are returning to Dereham to play a gig in the town.
Freudian Slip will be playing at The Bull pub, in the High Street, on Saturday from 8pm.
Reg Lawrence, who plays lead guitar and does backing vocals, said: 'The gig is an extra special one as we all left high school at Northgate 10 years ago and have been away to university, but have managed to get the band going and progressing whilst holding down the day jobs!'
The band, which has been influenced by the likes of Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan and Radiohead, was formed in May 2008 although the members started writing songs a few years before setting up the band.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Reg, the rest of the band are Lewis Whittle, Craig Hitter, Tim Gardiner, and Dan McCarthy.
For more information visit www.myspace.com/freudianslip
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise