Fred Nicholson School pupils get chance to hold Olympic torch
The Olympic values were the basis of activity days at the Fred Nicholson School in Dereham.
The whole school enjoyed a range of workshops and projects in the mornings and a heptathlon in the afternoons.
Fred Nicholson not only had the Norfolk Special School Torch, but they also had a visit by John Richardson, who lives in Toftwood and was an Olympic torch bearer in Lancashire.
He took his torch in to school for everyone to see and hold.
On Friday, youngsters delivered the special school's torch to the Hall School in Norwich following a whole school relay at Fred Nicholson School. The week ended with a celebration of all the hard work and pupils received Olympic medals for their sporting achievements.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 3 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 8 Dereham garage sale arranged to raise money for cancer charity
- 9 Coffee morning raises more than £2,000 for charity
- 10 The Flying Scotsman arrives in Dereham