French song afternoon and pop tribute to lead busy month of music at Memorial Hall
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A French inspired afternoon of songs and a tribute to one of world music's biggest stars will feature in a busy month of events at Dereham Memorial Hall.
Dreamcast Productions is behind a new show called Merci Pour La Musique, which pays tribute to iconic British and French artists and songwriters and their often unexpected French origins.
The show, which will be performed on Sunday March 24, is a collection of classic hits by artists such as Dusty Springfield, Frank Sinatra, Mark Almond, Nat King Cole and more, alongside a narrative of facts and stories behind the singers and their songs.
Singer, Julie Hewitt, said: 'It's a huge pleasure to bring another Dreamcast show to Dereham, as the Memorial Hall holds a special place in both of our hearts.
'It's the first place as a child I ever saw a live theatre show, Kiss me Kate, and later became the first stage where I performed in musical theatre, so we know how warm the audiences here are.
You may also want to watch:
'It's also a wonderful to share our love of vintage hits and classic European songwriters and their amazing stories to a new audience. We are looking forward to it very much'.
Sung in both English and French, the show also includes film clips and images and also features a special tribute to Charles Aznavour and composer Michel leGrand, who have both died in recent months.
Tickets are now on sale at just £10, from the box office 01362 288124 or online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/fodmh.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
Europe's largest Neil Diamond tribute show is also coming to Dereham Memorial Hall on Saturday March 2.
Neil Diamond, The Experience comprises of a twelve piece ensemble with Dominic Kaye as Neil Diamond and will take the audience on a journey through the decades with massive hits such as America, Forever in Blue Jeans, Cracklin' Rosie and more.
All tickets cost £19.50 and are available from TicketSource or from Acorn Studios on 07415 523299.