Cemetery building could be transformed into four-bedroom house
- Credit: Archant
A lodge at a town's cemetery could be extended and made into a four-bedroom property.
Options for the future of Cemetery Lodge at Dereham Cemetery are set to be discussed at the town council's social and welfare Committee meeting on Tuesday, July 23.
The lodge, whose long-term tenant left in June, currently has two bedrooms and would need refurbishment to make it suitable for re-letting
Under the council's consideration are five options, including a planning application to "extend the lodge so that it has 3/4 decent-sized bedrooms and associated living space".
The potential action of selling the plot with permission to build an additional property in the garden will also be discussed.
You may also want to watch:
Among the other options are refurbishing and re-letting the lodge, selling the building as it is, or refurbishing and selling the property.
Council documents published ahead of next week's meeting indicate the recommended course of action is to apply for permission to extend the lodge, which lies off Cemetery Road.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 5 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 6 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens
- 9 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 10 Music to our ears: Saxophone donated to charity shop valued at £1,000