Man accused of assaulting police officer to appear in court after being charged with multiple offences
A man accused of assaulting a police officer is due to appear in court this morning after being charged in connection with two burglaries in the Dereham area, as well as a number of other offences.
It comes after a property in Carl Close, in Toftwood, was broken into on Sunday July 22 and a Mercedes C220 was stolen along with a wallet containing cash.
A second address in Wright Drive, in Scarning, was burgled on Sunday August 12 and a VW Transporter van, cash, a Vivienne Westwood watch and a pair of red Nike trainers were also stolen.
Gary Franks, 31, of Moorgate Road in Dereham, was arrested yesterday, Sunday August 19, and was subsequently charged with 12 offences which were as follows:
· Two counts of burglary
You may also want to watch:
· One count of attempted burglary
· One count of assaulting a police officer
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
· Two counts of theft of a motor vehicle
· One count of dangerous driving
· Two counts of driving without insurance
· One count of driving without a licence
· One count of breaching a Criminal Behaviour Order
· One count of escaping lawful custody
Franks has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this afternoon, Monday August 20.