GB athlete Laura Samuel puts Dereham pupils through their paces
- Credit: Archant
Children in Dereham have taken part in sporting activities alongside a Commonwealth Games silver medallist.
British track and field athlete Laura Samuel paid a visit to Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School on Friday, and completed a training session with each class.
Deputy head teacher, Amy Futers, said: 'We were really pleased to have Laura pay us a visit, it helped to promote healthy eating and exercise to the children. 'Those between the ages of three and seven completed a circuit and even the some of the adults joined in.
'The children also completed sponsorship forms which raised money for the school and for the Sports for Champions scheme.'
Ms Samuel is originally from Leicester and competes in the triple jump. She is ranked third among British women and was the silver medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and in the 2010 World Junior Championships in Athletics.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 5 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 6 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 7 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 8 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Dereham, Blofield and Belton are the latest coronavirus infection hotspots