GB athlete Laura Samuel puts Dereham pupils through their paces
- Credit: Archant
Children in Dereham have taken part in sporting activities alongside a Commonwealth Games silver medallist.
British track and field athlete Laura Samuel paid a visit to Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School on Friday, and completed a training session with each class.
Deputy head teacher, Amy Futers, said: 'We were really pleased to have Laura pay us a visit, it helped to promote healthy eating and exercise to the children. 'Those between the ages of three and seven completed a circuit and even the some of the adults joined in.
'The children also completed sponsorship forms which raised money for the school and for the Sports for Champions scheme.'
Ms Samuel is originally from Leicester and competes in the triple jump. She is ranked third among British women and was the silver medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and in the 2010 World Junior Championships in Athletics.
- 1 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 2 'You've got to diversify' - cafe and gallery owner braves expansion
- 3 A trip to the fair helps Norfolk man remember
- 4 Village pub reopens for the first time in four years
- 5 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 9 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 10 Norfolk man still at large six months after being named most wanted