GB athlete Laura Samuel puts Dereham pupils through their paces
- Credit: Archant
Children in Dereham have taken part in sporting activities alongside a Commonwealth Games silver medallist.
British track and field athlete Laura Samuel paid a visit to Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School on Friday, and completed a training session with each class.
Deputy head teacher, Amy Futers, said: 'We were really pleased to have Laura pay us a visit, it helped to promote healthy eating and exercise to the children. 'Those between the ages of three and seven completed a circuit and even the some of the adults joined in.
'The children also completed sponsorship forms which raised money for the school and for the Sports for Champions scheme.'
Ms Samuel is originally from Leicester and competes in the triple jump. She is ranked third among British women and was the silver medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and in the 2010 World Junior Championships in Athletics.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 4 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 New signs to 'put Dereham on the map' are unveiled
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens