GB athlete Laura Samuel puts Dereham pupils through their paces
- Credit: Archant
Children in Dereham have taken part in sporting activities alongside a Commonwealth Games silver medallist.
British track and field athlete Laura Samuel paid a visit to Dereham Church Infant and Nursery School on Friday, and completed a training session with each class.
Deputy head teacher, Amy Futers, said: 'We were really pleased to have Laura pay us a visit, it helped to promote healthy eating and exercise to the children. 'Those between the ages of three and seven completed a circuit and even the some of the adults joined in.
'The children also completed sponsorship forms which raised money for the school and for the Sports for Champions scheme.'
Ms Samuel is originally from Leicester and competes in the triple jump. She is ranked third among British women and was the silver medallist at the 2014 Commonwealth Games and in the 2010 World Junior Championships in Athletics.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 4 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 5 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Resurfacing work begins on A1067 carriageway