School unveils new classrooms for reception classes
- Credit: Archant
A primary school has unveiled a set of brand new classrooms for its youngest pupils.
Mid Norfolk MP George Freeman was at Scarning VC Primary School on Friday, October 4, as the new block for Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) was opened.
The new classrooms have been designed to provide a flexible learning environment for the 60 pupils in Scarning's reception classes, with a purpose-built outdoor area and a group room attached.
Prior to the unveiling, Scarning's own version of Question Time saw Mr Freeman answer pupils' questions including 'have you met the Queen?' and 'do MPs have to speak loudly?'.
He then performed the ribbon cutting ceremony alongside EYFS lead Katie Sammacicci and Gerry O'Driscoll, site manager for contractor Cocksedge.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Freeman said: "It was a privilege to join staff, governors, parents and pupils for this historic milestone in the school's proud history.
"This is testament to the tireless efforts of so many and they should all be immensely proud. I look forward to seeing the school go from strength to strength."
- 1 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 2 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 3 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 4 ‘Overwhelming in a good way’ - Barber shop's new manager, 23
- 5 Police investigate 'possible assault' after Dereham town centre fight
- 6 Offensive graffiti sprayed on football clubhouse used by children
- 7 Norfolk boys brave cold to raise £1,000 in memory of family member
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Norfolk charities lose up to £120m in pandemic
- 10 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop