Hoteliers to appear on new Channel 4 show hosted by Gogglebox stars
- Credit: Archant
A couple will be seen experiencing the highs and lows of running their first hotel as part of a Channel 4 documentary series.
Hannah Springham, 37, and husband Andrew Jones, 38, took over The Dial House in Reepham in May 2018.
They have since transformed the food at the hotel, started offering dementia-friendly events and made it dog-friendly.
And they were filmed during their first year of set-up and survival for the Great Hotel Escape, a 20-part series that follows hoteliers and Gogglebox stars Steph and Dom Parker.
Ms Springham, a former TV producer who worked on Top Gear, said: "It was weird being on the other end of the camera.
You may also want to watch:
"I was in tears at one point, when we were having a really tough day and I was so tired.
"I guess we all think we could have a crack at the hotel running whip.
- 1 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 4 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 9 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 10 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
"Steph and Dom were great and they even helped us corral noisy peacocks.
"The show runs for a month and we are in the first three episodes.
"Rather excitingly, The Dial House is quite prominent, which is great for us and also for Norfolk and little old Reepham too.
"The show is due to air on August 26, although they won't announce this, definitely, until August 14."
As part of the show, the Gogglebox stars meet families who have left the rat race to run their own hotels in some of Britain's most beautiful locations.
They are excited about the show, and said: "We've had tremendous fun filming the series and have met some exceptionally brave souls. Hopefully we've done our bit to help some of these new hoteliers along the way."
Michelle Heeley, senior executive producer at Freeform Productions, said: "We're thrilled to be making this series for C4.
"The hoteliers are awe-inspiring. And Steph and Dom are the perfect hosts - of course they are great company but they also have masses of experience from running their own hotel."
The couple, who shot to fame on Channel 4's Gogglebox, renovated and ran their own hotel, The Salutation in Kent, for 12 years.