Golf club couple not selling
The owners of a Norfolk championship golf course have decided to stay put despite a national leisure group offering to buy them out.Ray and Kate Barlow had initially considering selling Norfolk Golf and Country Club, in Hingham Road, Reymerston, when they were approached by the chain last July.
THE owners of a Norfolk championship golf course have decided to stay put despite a national leisure group offering to buy them out.
Ray and Kate Barlow had initially considering selling Norfolk Golf and Country Club, in Hingham Road, Reymerston, when they were approached by the chain last July.
But this week the couple, who have been involved in the club for the past seven years, announced that they have decided to stay at the
Mrs Barlow said they had considered selling because they wanted to have a rest, but changed their mind after taking a well-earned holiday.
"We decided that we loved being here, that we had a really lovely golf club and lovely members," she said.
- 1 Social club to host beer festival in memory of beloved former chairman
- 2 'Some haven't had a cut since Covid' - hairdresser on growing challenges
- 3 Village pub to finally reopen after being shut for four years
- 4 Dereham barbershop named as one of UK's top 20
- 5 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 6 Norfolk war hero saluted at poignant service
- 7 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 8 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Ex-military police officer elected as Dereham's new mayor
"The club is special and we want to take golf into the 21st century here.
"The club has been a massive part of our lives for more than seven years and
we are as committed now as ever and a bit more experienced."
The club's ladies captain
Liz Dann said: "The club
has a wonderful friendly atmosphere thanks to Ray, Kate and their staff. We are pleased they are staying."
For more details of
the club, which has a membership of nearly 1,000, visit www.thenorfolkgolfclub. co.uk