Person seriously injured in crash which closed road for six hours
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
One person has been seriously injured in a crash at Great Massingham which has closed the B1145 for more than six hours.
Police officers were called around 7am yesterday, August 7, to reports of a red Ford Focus, which was travelling eastbound along the B1145, and a black Volkswagen Golf, which was travelling in the opposite direction towards Gayton, being involved in collision.
As a result of the impact, the Ford left the road and crashed into a ditch.
The driver of the Ford suffered serious injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge. The driver of the VW was also injured and was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King's Lynn.
Diversions were requested from Norfolk County Council and the road was closed while emergency services attended, but reopened around 1.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and officers are keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the driving of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
- 1 Staff shortages force closure of pharmacy
- 2 Sun shines on school's Midsummer Night's Dream
- 3 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 4 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 5 Women's group resumes face-to-face catch-ups as restrictions ease
- 6 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 7 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters