Hair-raising charity event
Jimmy Miller has been through a colourful hair-raising experience to raise cash for charity and raise awareness of breast cancer.The home carer from Bradenham and his wife Elaine help raise cash for charities by organising several events each year including a big auction in aid of the Big C Appeal.
Jimmy Miller has been through a colourful hair-raising experience to raise cash for charity and raise awareness of breast cancer.
The home carer from Bradenham and his wife Elaine help raise cash for charities by organising several events each year including a big auction in aid of the Big C Appeal.
The auction has a theme each year and this year to link in with the punk theme Jimmy had his hair cut, coloured and shaped into a Mohican-style. It was styled by Kate Penhaligan at Shorn by Sean at Dereham.
Jimmy was sponsored for his hair style and the auction of donated goods, staged at Longham village hall, raised �813.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy said he was prompted to raise money for the Big C after his wife was treated for breast cancer.
'I think that if I look stupid for two weeks but in doing so raise money for charity and raise awareness of the Big C Appeal then it is nothing,' he said.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards
He said he was pleased with the final financial result. 'I am over the moon because I thought that we would only raise between �500 and �600,' he said.