Handbag and purse stolen from Dereham pub
A woman had her purse containing cash and credit cards stolen from her hand bag and another had her hand bag stolen while in pub in Dereham. The incidents happened between 11pm on Saturday and 1am the following morning both in pub in Quebec Street.
A woman had her purse containing cash and credit cards stolen from her hand bag and another had her hand bag stolen while in pub in Dereham.
The incidents happened between 11pm on Saturday and 1am the following morning both in pub in Quebec Street.
In the first a woman had her purse, containing cards and cash, stolen from her handbag.
In the second, another woman had left her handbag unattended and when she returned to collect it the handbag had been stolen.
Police said people should try to keep personal property safe. They said people should:
t Keep your bag closed and close to you at all times, if possible with the opening towards your body.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
t Close your purse and put it away before you leave the till.
t Avoid carrying your purse or wallet in a back trouser pocket.
t Keep cash secure and out of sight.
t Do not leave your handbag unattended for any length of time.
Anyone with information in relation to either incident should contact PC Matthew Boggust at Dereham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.