Handbag and purse stolen from Dereham pub
A woman had her purse containing cash and credit cards stolen from her hand bag and another had her hand bag stolen while in pub in Dereham. The incidents happened between 11pm on Saturday and 1am the following morning both in pub in Quebec Street.
A woman had her purse containing cash and credit cards stolen from her hand bag and another had her hand bag stolen while in pub in Dereham.
The incidents happened between 11pm on Saturday and 1am the following morning both in pub in Quebec Street.
In the first a woman had her purse, containing cards and cash, stolen from her handbag.
In the second, another woman had left her handbag unattended and when she returned to collect it the handbag had been stolen.
Police said people should try to keep personal property safe. They said people should:
t Keep your bag closed and close to you at all times, if possible with the opening towards your body.
- 1 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 'Being a mum is all she wants' - Fund launched for 26-year-old's IVF dream
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 6 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 7 Care home linked with grandmother's death lifted from special measures
- 8 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 9 Food bank urges public to donate items to supermarket appeal
- 10 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
t Close your purse and put it away before you leave the till.
t Avoid carrying your purse or wallet in a back trouser pocket.
t Keep cash secure and out of sight.
t Do not leave your handbag unattended for any length of time.
Anyone with information in relation to either incident should contact PC Matthew Boggust at Dereham Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.