Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A Covid mobile testing bus has been set up in the car park of Dereham’s Morrisons supermarket.
People living in or around the town are being encouraged to come forward to access symptom-free Covid testing at the bus, which has been organised by Breckland District Council in partnership with Norfolk County Council's public health team.
People without Covid symptoms can simply drop into the centre to receive their lateral flow test.
In a Facebook post, Breckland council said: “As lockdown finally eases, and we get to meet with family and friends again in busy places, it is vital that residents can be assured they are not carrying Covid-19 and spreading Covid-19 to family, friends, within the workplace or wider community.”
Around one in three people who are infected with Covid show no symptoms.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who does have Covid symptoms - a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to sense of smell or taste - should book a test via the NHS or by calling 119.
The mobile bus is open from Tuesday July 20 until Saturday July 24, from 8am until 8pm.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 4 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 5 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 8 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk