'Please be patient' - Surgery bids to vaccinate 2,500 over-80s
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk surgery is asking for patience as it tries to vaccinate more than 2,500 over-80s against Covid-19 in the coming weeks.
In a Facebook post, Dereham’s Theatre Royal GP surgery warned over-80s and care home residents that “not everyone will be able to have the vaccine at the same time.”
The surgery said: “Please don't be alarmed if you have not yet received a call, or you find out that a friend or neighbour has had their vaccine and you haven't.
“This is a very complex program and we ask for your patience - you will be contacted by a booking hub to book your appointment when clinics are available.
“All local practices, including ours, continue to take calls for other medical conditions in the usual way, but our receptionists will not be able to tell you anything with regards to the next vaccination dates. Please wait to be contacted to book your appointment.”
You may also want to watch:
The surgery re-iterated the government’s lockdown message: “STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES”.
- 1 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 6 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter