Slow traffic across town after crash and traffic light failure
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is still slow in parts of a Dereham following a three-vehicle collision and traffic light malfunction.
Long queues began forming after a crash earlier this afternoon outside the Halford's store on Yaxham Road.
Police officers were at the scene and assisted traffic flow along the road.
There were also chaotic scenes on nearby Shipdham Road in Toftwood after temporary traffic lights failed.
A police spokesman said two sets of lights - in place due to ongoing roadworks - had been stuck on red, causing problems with the flow of traffic. An engineer was subsequently sent to fix the lights.
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers reported gridlock at the Tesco Extra car park, off Kingston Road, for more than 30 minutes. One said the queue of cars had 'barely moved' since she left the store.
For the latest travel updates, check the EDP's live traffic map.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Care home reaches final of disability and autism awards