Slow traffic across town after crash and traffic light failure
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is still slow in parts of a Dereham following a three-vehicle collision and traffic light malfunction.
Long queues began forming after a crash earlier this afternoon outside the Halford's store on Yaxham Road.
Police officers were at the scene and assisted traffic flow along the road.
There were also chaotic scenes on nearby Shipdham Road in Toftwood after temporary traffic lights failed.
A police spokesman said two sets of lights - in place due to ongoing roadworks - had been stuck on red, causing problems with the flow of traffic. An engineer was subsequently sent to fix the lights.
You may also want to watch:
Shoppers reported gridlock at the Tesco Extra car park, off Kingston Road, for more than 30 minutes. One said the queue of cars had 'barely moved' since she left the store.
For the latest travel updates, check the EDP's live traffic map.
- 1 'Just a dream' - Bridal suite and photography studio open in Dereham
- 2 Your Say - What are Dereham's favourite shops?
- 3 New home and 'collective purpose' for men's shed
- 4 Scouts offer free activity sessions for Norfolk youngsters
- 5 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 6 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 7 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 8 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 9 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town