Heavy winds knock down tree at Guist
Heavy winds knocked down a tree at Guist last night which partially blocked the A1067.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to the incident at the B1110 junction, just before 10.39pm.
Police and a highways team also helped clear the road by 10.53pm.
The tree was touching an electric cable and damaged an electric give way sign.
Before the Fakenham crew removed the tree, they were called to arching cables in Norwich Road, Guist, at 10.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cables were affected by the severe weather conditions.
- 1 Town council to discuss creating 160-acre country park
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 3 'It needs new blood': Chippie with arcade inside goes up for sale
- 4 Green light for new play area after £60,000 grant
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 7 Dereham councillor protests over toilet demolition
- 8 Dereham soccer academy win national championship
- 9 Critics unhappy at NDR Western Link answers - but case to be lodged
- 10 Campaign group slams smoking ban at council headquarters