Heavy winds knock down tree at Guist
Heavy winds knocked down a tree at Guist last night which partially blocked the A1067.
Firefighters from Fakenham were called to the incident at the B1110 junction, just before 10.39pm.
Police and a highways team also helped clear the road by 10.53pm.
The tree was touching an electric cable and damaged an electric give way sign.
Before the Fakenham crew removed the tree, they were called to arching cables in Norwich Road, Guist, at 10.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The cables were affected by the severe weather conditions.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 New gym set to open at town's business park
- 5 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 6 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 7 Norfolk troops kill terrorists in Mali after coming under attack
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 10 Man charged with arson after blaze ripped through flat and gardens