Homes flooded after torrential rain
Dan GrimmerSeveral homes in Norfolk were flooded today following torrential rain.Fire officers were called to homes in Loddon, Swafham, Kings Lynn and Fakenham at various points of the day yesterday to attend to flooded properties.Dan Grimmer
Several homes in Norfolk were flooded today following torrential rain.
Fire officers were called to homes in Loddon, Swafham, Kings Lynn and Fakenham at various points of the day yesterday to attend to flooded properties.
Portable pumps were used to extract the excess water from the homes.
A fire service spokeswoman said: 'The heavy rain caused flooding in quite a few homes. We were been called out at least four times and had to use pumps to get rid of the water.
'Some properties were in rural locations and some in more built up areas. The heavy rain hit most of Norfolk and there could be more incidents like this.'
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Dereham boss ignoring favourites tag ahead of cup final
- 6 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Tory candidate's hustings dodge defended after 'disrespectful' claim
- 9 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 10 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears