Hundreds of homes and businesses hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Almost 200 homes and businesses have been affected by two large power cuts.
A total of 197 customers across three postcodes in between Swaffham and Thetford have been affected by a power cut this evening (Friday, May 21).
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 6.47pm after an high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
A total of 21 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 8.09pm.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
- 1 Stolen credit card details used to purchase leaf blower and garden tools
- 2 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Bid to convert village house into nine flats
- 5 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 6 Winterwatch presenter Chris Packham urges people to join Western Link demo
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 8 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 9 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
"Our engineers have been able to divert electricity around the faulty part of the network, restoring power to some customers.
"We know your power may now be back on, however; we'll keep sending text updates to everyone until all the power to your area is on."
Postcodes affected include IP25 6, IP26 5 and IP26 6.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored by 12.30am on Saturday.