Hundreds of homes and businesses hit by power cut
- Credit: UK Power Networks
Almost 200 homes and businesses have been affected by two large power cuts.
A total of 197 customers across three postcodes in between Swaffham and Thetford have been affected by a power cut this evening (Friday, May 21).
UK Power Networks became aware of the power outage at 6.47pm after an high voltage overhead electricity line fault.
A total of 21 customers called the electricity provider about the outage.
Engineers were on site carrying out investigations at 8.09pm.
A spokesperson from UK Power Networks said: "Engineers are now on site, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
"We didn’t know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
- 1 Tributes to 'brilliant role model' who worked tirelessly for his cricket club
- 2 'Not a lot of spending' - Dereham traders report footfall decline
- 3 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 4 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
- 5 Fascinating photos of Norfolk village spanning 100 years to go on display
- 6 The secret gardens you can visit in Norfolk this September
- 7 Police enquiries 'ongoing' after stabbing of teenager at skate park
- 8 Joe Wicks 'thrilled' by Norfolk woman's gift which led to 500 messages
- 9 Stars of West End to perform at Dereham church
- 10 The Norfolk festival where under 13s get in for free
"Our engineers have been able to divert electricity around the faulty part of the network, restoring power to some customers.
"We know your power may now be back on, however; we'll keep sending text updates to everyone until all the power to your area is on."
Postcodes affected include IP25 6, IP26 5 and IP26 6.
Engineers have estimated that power should be restored by 12.30am on Saturday.