Hundreds raised to support Mid Norfolk Railway after vandalism
- Credit: Supplied
Hundreds of pounds have been raised to support the Mid Norfolk Railway in Dereham, after it was hit by vandals.
Damage costing several thousand pounds was caused to carriages on the Mid Norfolk Railway in Dereham earlier this month.
Reno Wine and VanVino, based in Wymondham, led a fundraising effort for the railway during their most recent 'gin train' event.
More than £310 has been raised to help repair the railway, along with a further £100 donation each from the business's founders, Chris White and Johnny Wyndham.
The pair have been hosting wine and gin tastings on trains on the line, which runs through Wymondham, for the past year.
You may also want to watch:
Mr White said: 'We had 125 guests take part in our gin tasting and the support and donations they have given Mid Norfolk Railway is wonderful.'
Mr Wyndham added: 'In the MNR's time of need, local spirit rallied for them.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 5 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tributes paid to talented Dereham golfer Richard Wilson
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47