Indian restaurant to hand out food for homeless
- Credit: Archant
An Indian restaurant is planning to donate food to homeless people and senior citizens in a mid Norfolk town.
Rani's Indian Dining in Yaxham, near Dereham, will be handing out food in the town, or will deliver it to people's homes, later this month.
Musa Ali, who owns the restaurant with his family, said: "We have done this sort of thing before both here and at our old restaurant.
"This is something the staff at Rani's are very passionate about. We serve good quality, delicious food and believe nobody should be going hungry."
Mr Ali is making a list of people for the food to be given to.
You may also want to watch:
He and his staff will be serving it between 3pm and 5pm in Dereham on Tuesday, June 18.
If you or someone you know would like to be included, message the Rani's Indian Dining Facebook page or contact the restaurant on 01362 692515.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Dereham's plans for Remembrance services announced
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 5 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 6 Has Dereham started its Christmas shopping early?
- 7 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 8 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 9 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 10 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47