Indian restaurant to hand out food for homeless
- Credit: Archant
An Indian restaurant is planning to donate food to homeless people and senior citizens in a mid Norfolk town.
Rani's Indian Dining in Yaxham, near Dereham, will be handing out food in the town, or will deliver it to people's homes, later this month.
Musa Ali, who owns the restaurant with his family, said: "We have done this sort of thing before both here and at our old restaurant.
"This is something the staff at Rani's are very passionate about. We serve good quality, delicious food and believe nobody should be going hungry."
Mr Ali is making a list of people for the food to be given to.
You may also want to watch:
He and his staff will be serving it between 3pm and 5pm in Dereham on Tuesday, June 18.
If you or someone you know would like to be included, message the Rani's Indian Dining Facebook page or contact the restaurant on 01362 692515.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
- 3 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 'Bonkers' - MP objects to 50-home development in village
- 6 Resident’s fears over more housing as sewerage system buckles
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Artist’s tribute to ‘courageous’ cancer charity founder
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney