Superfan from the ‘Undatables’ to be a special guest at Norfolk football match
- Credit: Archant
Football superfan James Beardwell will be a special guest at tomorrow's Dereham Town FC home game against Witham Town FC.
Mr Beardwell, who has autism and appeared on the TV show The Undateables, became an internet sensation earlier this year thanks to his passion for Witham Town, when a video emerged of him singing encouragement alone in the stands for the entire 90 minutes of a game.
Dereham Town Football Club said on Twitter that Mr Beardwell would be a special guest of the club's manager, Neal Simmonds.
The message said: 'In respect of his support & dedication to non league football - Our manager @neal_simmons would like to make @undateables_jb his personal guest for tomorrows game against @Withamtownfc - We look forward to welcoming you to Aldiss Park James #COYM #Norfolkfootball'
The September 15 game at Aldiss Park starts at 3pm.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 4 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 5 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 6 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 7 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
- 8 Man charged in connection with burglary at Dereham home
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Man caught with cannabis after armed police called to Dereham park