Superfan from the ‘Undatables’ to be a special guest at Norfolk football match
- Credit: Archant
Football superfan James Beardwell will be a special guest at tomorrow's Dereham Town FC home game against Witham Town FC.
Mr Beardwell, who has autism and appeared on the TV show The Undateables, became an internet sensation earlier this year thanks to his passion for Witham Town, when a video emerged of him singing encouragement alone in the stands for the entire 90 minutes of a game.
Dereham Town Football Club said on Twitter that Mr Beardwell would be a special guest of the club's manager, Neal Simmonds.
The message said: 'In respect of his support & dedication to non league football - Our manager @neal_simmons would like to make @undateables_jb his personal guest for tomorrows game against @Withamtownfc - We look forward to welcoming you to Aldiss Park James #COYM #Norfolkfootball'
The September 15 game at Aldiss Park starts at 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Your Say: Should face masks be made a legal requirement again?
- 2 Overnight road closures expected on part of A47
- 3 Buses delayed by queues at petrol stations
- 4 Zara, 8, conquers virtual mountain climb amid mum's cancer battle
- 5 Stunning aerial photo shows Norfolk cemetery shaped like a leaf
- 6 Dereham boxer Emma has world title ambitions
- 7 Dereham pub set to host beer and blues festival
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Covid heroes recognised at special awards evening
- 10 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church