Superfan from the ‘Undatables’ to be a special guest at Norfolk football match
- Credit: Archant
Football superfan James Beardwell will be a special guest at tomorrow's Dereham Town FC home game against Witham Town FC.
Mr Beardwell, who has autism and appeared on the TV show The Undateables, became an internet sensation earlier this year thanks to his passion for Witham Town, when a video emerged of him singing encouragement alone in the stands for the entire 90 minutes of a game.
Dereham Town Football Club said on Twitter that Mr Beardwell would be a special guest of the club's manager, Neal Simmonds.
The message said: 'In respect of his support & dedication to non league football - Our manager @neal_simmons would like to make @undateables_jb his personal guest for tomorrows game against @Withamtownfc - We look forward to welcoming you to Aldiss Park James #COYM #Norfolkfootball'
The September 15 game at Aldiss Park starts at 3pm.
- 1 Young woman reveals tough reality of living with multiple sclerosis
- 2 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 Council privately plans to sell golf club it spent £10m on for just £2m
- 6 Man dies after suffering medical episode in Iceland store
- 7 'A great idea' - Shop space helps small businesses showcase products
- 8 Half of Times readers would accept further lockdowns, survey suggests
- 9 School invites former pupils to help explore its history
- 10 Warning over scam caller telling people they are unvaccinated