Artist with months to live gives 25pc of painting profits to NHS
- Credit: Neil Didsbury
A Dereham artist who has been told he has just a few months to live has asked galleries selling his paintings to give 25pc of the profits to the NHS.
James ‘Justso’ Ridington, a children’s entertainer and artist for several years, was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2003.
He was recently admitted to hospital and has been told by doctors that he has months to live.
“The NHS have looked after me for the past 18 years with my cancer,” said Mr Ridington, who emphasised that he was not looking for sympathy, but instead wanted to highlight the NHS’s work.
“I’m not going to see Christmas, but I was still an entertainer when I was diagnosed, so it has been a long time, and I have achieved a lot,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
More than 50 of Mr Ridington’s stunning prints, which vividly depict colourful wildlife, are available at Norski Noo’s Gallery in Dereham, with his work also available at the Handmade Gifts and Gallery in Anglia Square, Norwich and the Norfolk Gallery at Wroxham Barns.
- 1 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 4 IN PICTURES: Flying Scotsman in all its glory on the Mid Norfolk Railway
- 5 How to see the Flying Scotsman in Norfolk this October
- 6 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 7 Stunning footage shows Flying Scotsman arriving at Mid Norfolk Railway
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Two new dates announced after Flying Scotsman's Norfolk visit sells out
- 10 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'