Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk to hold fundraisers to help with rehabilitation
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk are clubbing together to raise funds to help his recovery.
Chef Justin Brown, 41, who grew up in Mattishall and now lives in Lyng, recently suffered from a stroke following a shift at The Lodge Griddle and Grill in North Tuddenham.
He underwent surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge where he spent four weeks recovering. Mr Brown, a former Dereham Neatherd High School pupil, was then transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to continue his recovery.
His brother, Liam Brown, 32, said: 'He is making progress, albeit very steady.
'It's been soul destroying seeing him like this and we are just hoping he makes a good recovery, regardless of how long it takes.
You may also want to watch:
'The support from all of his friends has been amazing and will continue to be very important for him as he recovers.'
Friends have set up an online donation, called Justin's Fund, to raise money for Mr Brown's rehabilitation. So far, more than £2,000 has been raised.
- 1 Early hours blaze tears through flat and gardens
- 2 Man in 80s from Norfolk found not guilty of historic sexual offences
- 3 Rescue centre saw demand for dogs jump 400pc during lockdown
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Century-long agreement over Dereham green space to end
- 8 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Revisit the industrial heritage in the heart of Norfolk
A fundraising event will be held at The Lodge Griddle and Grill, on Sunday, July 8, from noon to 6.30pm. Entry is free and there will be live music, a barbecue, raffle and tombola.
Dereham Boxing Club have also pledged to donate half of the profits from their Fight Night 3 show at The Main Event in Dereham on Saturday, June 9.
- To donate to Justin's Fund, visit here.
- For more information on The Lodge fundraising event, call 01362 638466.
- Tickets for Fight Night 3, priced £20, can be purchased from The Main Event in Quebec Street, Dereham, or Dereham Accommodation Agency in Norwich Road, or from Dereham Boxing Club on Monday and Wednesday evenings.