Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk to hold fundraisers to help with rehabilitation
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk are clubbing together to raise funds to help his recovery.
Chef Justin Brown, 41, who grew up in Mattishall and now lives in Lyng, recently suffered from a stroke following a shift at The Lodge Griddle and Grill in North Tuddenham.
He underwent surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge where he spent four weeks recovering. Mr Brown, a former Dereham Neatherd High School pupil, was then transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to continue his recovery.
His brother, Liam Brown, 32, said: 'He is making progress, albeit very steady.
'It's been soul destroying seeing him like this and we are just hoping he makes a good recovery, regardless of how long it takes.
You may also want to watch:
'The support from all of his friends has been amazing and will continue to be very important for him as he recovers.'
Friends have set up an online donation, called Justin's Fund, to raise money for Mr Brown's rehabilitation. So far, more than £2,000 has been raised.
- 1 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 7 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 8 Covid responsible for half of all deaths in worst hit areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Landlords invited to webinar to keep up with changing rules
A fundraising event will be held at The Lodge Griddle and Grill, on Sunday, July 8, from noon to 6.30pm. Entry is free and there will be live music, a barbecue, raffle and tombola.
Dereham Boxing Club have also pledged to donate half of the profits from their Fight Night 3 show at The Main Event in Dereham on Saturday, June 9.
- To donate to Justin's Fund, visit here.
- For more information on The Lodge fundraising event, call 01362 638466.
- Tickets for Fight Night 3, priced £20, can be purchased from The Main Event in Quebec Street, Dereham, or Dereham Accommodation Agency in Norwich Road, or from Dereham Boxing Club on Monday and Wednesday evenings.