Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk to hold fundraisers to help with rehabilitation
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk are clubbing together to raise funds to help his recovery.
Chef Justin Brown, 41, who grew up in Mattishall and now lives in Lyng, recently suffered from a stroke following a shift at The Lodge Griddle and Grill in North Tuddenham.
He underwent surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge where he spent four weeks recovering. Mr Brown, a former Dereham Neatherd High School pupil, was then transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to continue his recovery.
His brother, Liam Brown, 32, said: 'He is making progress, albeit very steady.
'It's been soul destroying seeing him like this and we are just hoping he makes a good recovery, regardless of how long it takes.
'The support from all of his friends has been amazing and will continue to be very important for him as he recovers.'
Friends have set up an online donation, called Justin's Fund, to raise money for Mr Brown's rehabilitation. So far, more than £2,000 has been raised.
- 1 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 2 Former military man elected as Dereham's new mayor
- 3 Drivers slammed for parking outside centre for people with disabilities
- 4 Magpies moved to Midlands league for 2022/23 season
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Century-old farm machinery firm invests £6m in its factory's future
- 7 More details revealed ahead of Dereham's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Organisers hail success of first ever Dereham Day
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
A fundraising event will be held at The Lodge Griddle and Grill, on Sunday, July 8, from noon to 6.30pm. Entry is free and there will be live music, a barbecue, raffle and tombola.
Dereham Boxing Club have also pledged to donate half of the profits from their Fight Night 3 show at The Main Event in Dereham on Saturday, June 9.
- To donate to Justin's Fund, visit here.
- For more information on The Lodge fundraising event, call 01362 638466.
- Tickets for Fight Night 3, priced £20, can be purchased from The Main Event in Quebec Street, Dereham, or Dereham Accommodation Agency in Norwich Road, or from Dereham Boxing Club on Monday and Wednesday evenings.