Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk to hold fundraisers to help with rehabilitation
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family of stroke survivor from mid-Norfolk are clubbing together to raise funds to help his recovery.
Chef Justin Brown, 41, who grew up in Mattishall and now lives in Lyng, recently suffered from a stroke following a shift at The Lodge Griddle and Grill in North Tuddenham.
He underwent surgery at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge where he spent four weeks recovering. Mr Brown, a former Dereham Neatherd High School pupil, was then transferred to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to continue his recovery.
His brother, Liam Brown, 32, said: 'He is making progress, albeit very steady.
'It's been soul destroying seeing him like this and we are just hoping he makes a good recovery, regardless of how long it takes.
You may also want to watch:
'The support from all of his friends has been amazing and will continue to be very important for him as he recovers.'
Friends have set up an online donation, called Justin's Fund, to raise money for Mr Brown's rehabilitation. So far, more than £2,000 has been raised.
- 1 Farmers hope to open egg shop in football club car park
- 2 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 3 Watch: 91-year-old woman's stirring poem 'Wake Up Britain'
- 4 Fire door company hiring more staff despite pandemic
- 5 Covid testing bus arrives at Dereham supermarket
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Public hearing for long-delayed A47 dualling plans
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Barman suffered fractured eye socket after being punched on night out
- 10 Work starts on new park in heart of town
A fundraising event will be held at The Lodge Griddle and Grill, on Sunday, July 8, from noon to 6.30pm. Entry is free and there will be live music, a barbecue, raffle and tombola.
Dereham Boxing Club have also pledged to donate half of the profits from their Fight Night 3 show at The Main Event in Dereham on Saturday, June 9.
- To donate to Justin's Fund, visit here.
- For more information on The Lodge fundraising event, call 01362 638466.
- Tickets for Fight Night 3, priced £20, can be purchased from The Main Event in Quebec Street, Dereham, or Dereham Accommodation Agency in Norwich Road, or from Dereham Boxing Club on Monday and Wednesday evenings.