Kingdom role for tiny twins
Baby twins Aimee and Katie Skipper are paving their way to stardom after featuring in a popular TV series.The girls from Scarning may be only two, but they have already rubbed shoulders with the stars of Kingdom after sharing film sets with them across West Norfolk over the last 10 weeks.
Baby twins Aimee and Katie Skipper are paving their way to stardom after featuring in a popular TV series.
The girls from Scarning may be only two, but they have already rubbed shoulders with the stars of Kingdom after sharing film sets with them across West Norfolk over the last 10 weeks.
The twins have taken turns in playing the role of Petra, the daughter of Hermione Norris, alias Beatrice Kingdom, and have been busy making the acquaintance of the cream of the acting world.
Everything happened, however, under the watchful eye of their mother Vicky, who shadowed them everywhere they went.
“The crew have been very kind and allowed me and a friend to sit in the background and watch them,” said the 28-year-old.
“It was a fantastic experience - both for the girls and I think for the actors too. The girls were extremely excited and Celia Imrie and Hermione Norris really took to them.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital after being punched and kicked in Dereham assault
- 2 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 3 Class A and B drug dealer jailed for more than two years
- 4 'Threat to democracy' - Opposition fears council's constitution change
- 5 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 6 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 7 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
Vicky, who has another daughter Louise, four, said she responded to a newpaper advertisement asking for a set of twin girls to take part in the series.
“We didn't even know the crew were looking for twins. A friend showed us the ad and we responded straight away. We were called to an audition in Swaffham and then to another one a week later. We were really fortunate to have been selected and I'm sure the girls will have a great memory of these days later in life.”
Vicky, who works at Woolworths in Dereham, said she never fancied an acting career herself.
“Sitting in the background and watching the actors, I thought it was quite a difficult job. I don't know if the experience will tempt the girls to carry on acting later in life. It's too early to say anything, really.”
The twins finished their filming yesterday, and Vicky and the girls are now looking forward to watching the new series of Kingdom, which will be aired