Knitting group brings nursery rhymes and fairy tales to life for festival
- Credit: SENT IN BY SUE HART
Nursery rhymes, fairy tales and scenes of rural life were recreated in wool for a special festival.
The Shipdham Once Upon a Time Festival, organised by the Shipdham Knitters, saw various storybook characters brought to life across different displays.
It took place in All Saints' Church and raised £1,000 for local charities.
Sue Hart, who was involved in the event, said: 'We would like to thank all those who helped and contributed in any way whatsoever and visited despite the diversions of lovely weather and football.
'As a small village group we have been overwhelmed by the compliments received including the suggestion that we took the show on tour.'
You may also want to watch:
The Shipdham Knitters started in October 2011.
It meets twice a month at 1pm and 3pm on the first Tuesday at the WI Hall and the second Wednesday at St Thomas' Chapel in the church.
- 1 'I will not resign,' says councillor who broke Covid isolation
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 Council says it's in public interest to keep golf resort details secret
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Tributes paid to retired long-term foster carer who 'loved to laugh'
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
For details call 01362 820615 or 01362 820206.