Knitting group brings nursery rhymes and fairy tales to life for festival
- Credit: SENT IN BY SUE HART
Nursery rhymes, fairy tales and scenes of rural life were recreated in wool for a special festival.
The Shipdham Once Upon a Time Festival, organised by the Shipdham Knitters, saw various storybook characters brought to life across different displays.
It took place in All Saints' Church and raised £1,000 for local charities.
Sue Hart, who was involved in the event, said: 'We would like to thank all those who helped and contributed in any way whatsoever and visited despite the diversions of lovely weather and football.
'As a small village group we have been overwhelmed by the compliments received including the suggestion that we took the show on tour.'
You may also want to watch:
The Shipdham Knitters started in October 2011.
It meets twice a month at 1pm and 3pm on the first Tuesday at the WI Hall and the second Wednesday at St Thomas' Chapel in the church.
- 1 Hairdresser in contention for prestigious industry award
- 2 Delays on A47 after crash involving lorry
- 3 Family tribute to 'much loved' Norfolk woman killed in A47 crash
- 4 Battle of Britain service taking place in Dereham
- 5 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 6 '1,500 calls in a weekend' - Taxi firms' struggles with driver shortages
- 7 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport
- 8 'A fabulous asset' - town centre pocket park finally opens
- 9 Man who was late to take son to school event jailed for fatal A47 crash
- 10 More than 450 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
For details call 01362 820615 or 01362 820206.