Knitting group brings nursery rhymes and fairy tales to life for festival
- Credit: SENT IN BY SUE HART
Nursery rhymes, fairy tales and scenes of rural life were recreated in wool for a special festival.
The Shipdham Once Upon a Time Festival, organised by the Shipdham Knitters, saw various storybook characters brought to life across different displays.
It took place in All Saints' Church and raised £1,000 for local charities.
Sue Hart, who was involved in the event, said: 'We would like to thank all those who helped and contributed in any way whatsoever and visited despite the diversions of lovely weather and football.
'As a small village group we have been overwhelmed by the compliments received including the suggestion that we took the show on tour.'
The Shipdham Knitters started in October 2011.
It meets twice a month at 1pm and 3pm on the first Tuesday at the WI Hall and the second Wednesday at St Thomas' Chapel in the church.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 'Somebody has to foot the bill' - Inflation forces greengrocer to up prices
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Revamp of beloved garden planned as part of Queen's Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Prince's Trust on the hunt for recruits to join new Dereham team
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 Travelodge looking at nine sites for new hotels across Norfolk
- 8 Waffle and milkshake delivery business opens in Dereham
- 9 Railway launches appeal to restore signal box
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
For details call 01362 820615 or 01362 820206.