Knitting group brings nursery rhymes and fairy tales to life for festival
- Credit: SENT IN BY SUE HART
Nursery rhymes, fairy tales and scenes of rural life were recreated in wool for a special festival.
The Shipdham Once Upon a Time Festival, organised by the Shipdham Knitters, saw various storybook characters brought to life across different displays.
It took place in All Saints' Church and raised £1,000 for local charities.
Sue Hart, who was involved in the event, said: 'We would like to thank all those who helped and contributed in any way whatsoever and visited despite the diversions of lovely weather and football.
'As a small village group we have been overwhelmed by the compliments received including the suggestion that we took the show on tour.'
You may also want to watch:
The Shipdham Knitters started in October 2011.
It meets twice a month at 1pm and 3pm on the first Tuesday at the WI Hall and the second Wednesday at St Thomas' Chapel in the church.
- 1 Step in the right direction for neglected footpath
- 2 Sir David Attenborough praises Dereham school’s eco achievements
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 5 Armed forces to be honoured in council ceremony
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Norfolk council agrees to go smoke free at headquarters
- 8 Your Say: Will Dereham locals go on holiday abroad this summer?
- 9 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
For details call 01362 820615 or 01362 820206.