Knitting group brings nursery rhymes and fairy tales to life for festival
- Credit: SENT IN BY SUE HART
Nursery rhymes, fairy tales and scenes of rural life were recreated in wool for a special festival.
The Shipdham Once Upon a Time Festival, organised by the Shipdham Knitters, saw various storybook characters brought to life across different displays.
It took place in All Saints' Church and raised £1,000 for local charities.
Sue Hart, who was involved in the event, said: 'We would like to thank all those who helped and contributed in any way whatsoever and visited despite the diversions of lovely weather and football.
'As a small village group we have been overwhelmed by the compliments received including the suggestion that we took the show on tour.'
The Shipdham Knitters started in October 2011.
It meets twice a month at 1pm and 3pm on the first Tuesday at the WI Hall and the second Wednesday at St Thomas' Chapel in the church.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 Young people transform care home's garden in just four days
- 3 Final details revealed ahead of Queen's Dragoon Guards freedom parade
- 4 Road closures to be put in place for Queen's Dragoon Guards parade
- 5 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 6 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 7 Commonwealth record holder puts medal haul on display
- 8 Superb ton from Brendan Scott seals back-to-back wins for Bradenham
- 9 Travelling to the Royal Norfolk Show? Here’s everything you need to know
- 10 'Proper farming' sees dairy family crowned Norfolk farm champions
For details call 01362 820615 or 01362 820206.